Table of Contents
Auxdata is how you change charges left on a sorcery item.
- Sorcery abilities are learned from magic tomes or through special Valrei items.
- Each sorcery item comes with its own unique ability as well as a resistance and a weakness to a certain type of damage.
- On Freedom: Sorcery items have a chance to be dropped by a unique monster upon death. (These are dropped before the butcher, similar to how a troll may drop a Troll club). These tomes have 1 or 3 charges.
- Dragon unique tomes will only have 1 charge.
- Humanoid uniques have a higher chance at dropping a tome, however they will not drop drake hide or dragon scale like dragons. These tomes have 3 charges.
- On Epic: Sorcery items are acquired through the completion of missions and obtaining scenario points. If the main god of your kingdom wins the current scenario on the Valrei map, then each scenario point acquired works like a raffle ticket (a random point is drawn and a sorcery item is given). These tomes have 1 charge on Epic.
- Each sorcery item comes with charges that grant its effect to the player that uses it. To gain powers from a sorcery item, it must be used near an altar. Attempting to 'use' it in an inappropriate place will result in a message telling you what other conditions must be fulfilled. Do note that a bowl on the ground also counts as an altar.
- Titles are also granted to players who obtain certain sorcery powers. See chart below for more details.
- In order to cast sorcery spells, activate a gem staff, right click your target, and choose the spell. Be mindful that sorcery spells cost karma.
- Sorcery spells scale with mind logic just as priest spells scale with channeling, cast speed scales with mind speed
- Casting sorcery spells uses between 500-750 karma per cast depending on the tome
|Black Tome of Magic||Necromancer(m), Witch(f)||15% Resist Disease||10% Water||Summon Skeletons, Summon Wraith||Can be used at any altar in 3×3 flat area, within a cave.|
|Blood of the Angels||Conjurer(m), Mesmerizer(f)||15% Resist Acid||10% Cold||Continuum, Mirrored Self||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, inside at least 51×51 desert area.|
|Blue Tome of Magic||Illusionist||15% Cold||10% Acid||Wall of Stone, Wall of Ice||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, standing in shallow water.|
|Giant Walnut||Druid||15% Internal||10% Fire||Lightning||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, with at least one very old (or older) non-fruit tree.|
|Green Cherry(1)||Berserker(m), Valkyrie(f)||15% Internal||10% Fire||Stoneskin||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area with at least one very old (or older) non-fruit tree.|
|Green Tome of Magic||Worgmaster||15% Internal||10% Fire||Summon Worg (not a mount)||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, with at least one very old (or older) non-fruit tree.|
|Libram of the Night||Inquisitor||15% Pierce||10% Bite||Karma Missile||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area inside a cave.|
|Red Cherry||Evocator||15% Poison||5% Physical||Karma Bolt, Forecast||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, at least 1000 slope above sea level.|
|Red Tome of Magic||Sorcerer||15% Fire||10% Internal||Fireball||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, inside at least 51×51 sand area.|
|Scroll of Binding||Spellbinder||15% Crush||10% Slash||Karma Slow||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, standing in shallow water.|
|Slime of Uttacha||Witch Hunter(m), Soothsayer(f)||15% Slash||10% Crush||True Strike||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, standing in shallow water.|
|Smoke from Sol(2)||Occultist||10% Physical||10% Poison||Karma Disease||Can be used at any altar in 3×3 flat area, within a cave.|
|Tome of Incineration||Incinerator (m/f?)||15% Fire||10% Bite||Incinerate||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area.|
|White Cherry||Enchanter(m), Norn(f)||15% Water||10% Disease||Rust Monster||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, inside at least 51×51 desert area.|
|White Tome of Magic||Summoner(m), Medium(f)||15% Bite||10% Pierce||Fire Wall||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, at least 1000 slope above sea level.|
Item Table Footnotes
(1) Uses 500 karma. You must have 500 karma to use this item.
(2) A normal metal bowl can be used in place of an altar to consume charges from sorcery tomes. The bowl has to be set on the ground, then activate the sorcery item to use on itself.
Become a God
This is a purchase only item on Mythmoor, and is only available when there are deity slots available.
|Key to the Heavens||Ascended||-||-||Become a god on the server||Can be used at any altar in a 3×3 flat area, at least 1000 slope above sea level.|
Sorcery spells require a gem staff to be able to cast them.
- Sapphire staff
- Emerald staff
- Opal staff
- Ruby staff
- Diamond staff
- Gem staffs are used to cast sorcery spells. Generally, use of the staff to cast such spells involves a right-click and activation on some type of target that is within a certain acceptable range. The player must have access to the spells to be used with the staff in addition to having the staff itself.
- Gem staffs cannot be improved or repaired, and their quality level is unimportant to function. They do not take damage from using spells, however.
- Gem staffs are not considered melee weapons in Wurm and subsequently cause the player to use unarmed combat when they are equipped during melee combat situations. As such, they do not take damage from combat.
- A 37ql star gem and an 89ql staff combine to make a 51ql gem staff at 10 skill level in alchemy and 24 in natural substances. Further testing is needed for additional production details.
|Black Tome of Magic||Summon Skeletons||Summons a group of skeletons|
|“||Summon Wraith||Summons a Wraith|
|Blood of the Angels||Continuum||20% damage reduction for duration|
|Blue Tome of Magic||Wall of Stone||Click tile border to create a wall of stone, needs to be one tile to the right or left - 400 Karma to cast|
|”||Wall of Ice||Click tile border to create a wall of ice, needs to be one tile to the right or left - 400 Karma to cast|
|Giant Walnut||Lightning||Causes a head wound|
|Green Cherry||Stoneskin||Ignore next 3 wounds taken|
|Green Tome of Magic||Summon Worg||Summons a Worg|
|Libram of the Night||Karma Missile||Causes 4 acid wounds on the target|
|Red Cherry||Karma Bolt||Causes infection wound on target|
|Red Tome of Magic||Fireball||An AoE fireball attack|
|Scroll of Binding||Karma Slow||Slows attack speed|
|Slime of Uttacha||True Strike||Next hit is 100% crit|
|Smoke from Sol||Karma Disease||650 karma cost to inflict a 19 damage “infected” wound|
|Tome of Incineration||Incinerate||Damage over time spell, causing very light to light burn wounds each 10 seconds, damage and amount of ticks may vary - 750 karma to cast)|
|White Cherry||Rust Monster||Attacker's weapon takes more damage|
|White Tome of Magic||Fire Wall||Summons a wall of fire on tile border)|
|“||Ice Wall||Summons a wall of ice on tile border)|